Friday, March 16, 2012

Typical scene at our house... L2 playing and Mbaby giving me these VERY handsome smiles every time he looks at me... LOVE it!
My baby boy... He's just so huggable!
If I would name or put my style of cooking in a category it would be: In-promptu. I can never really follow a recipe ... for some reason the commitment scares me! I am not a planner... I try to be but... it just doesn't work for me (those close to me know what I mean:-). So my kitchen is no different and typically I cook on a whim and like my husband likes to "fly by the seat of his pants" most of the time... I do too when it comes to food:-) I guess we make a good pair!

Tonight's craving: Fish and chips
What I had on hand: Fish, sparkling water, Sake, and spelt flour
No potatoes... but HEY I have Asparagus! (light bulb) Asparagus fries!
So though my fish was ruined by the fact that it was previously frozen... which is gross to me (don't know why I bought it!) The asparagus revolution was AWESOME!
So here we go the recipe for those of you who read my blog:
flour of your choice-roughly 2c.
Sparkling water which is 12oz can + sake to round out 2c.
(typically beer is used so if you have that it'd work too... )
1 scoop baking pwd
Salt and pepper
Mix and let set while you wash and dry the Asparagus... Heat oil in pot
Dip asparagus in batter and fry a good handful at a time... till lightly golden
Drain on paper towel over a baking rack and sprinkle with sea salt
(keep warm in oven at 200 degrees)
YUMMMMY!
Great alone or with hummus or with a yummy aioli of choice:-)

Oh ... Happy Day!
Love,
L1

1 comment: