Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tongue Tacos!

Happy birthday to you.... happy birthday to you.... happy birthday to M... Happy birthday to you!
Tradition in our family is to go out to eat at the honored person's favorite restaurant or in this case... one's favorite meal. M requested a cheesecake bar and Cow tongue. Hmmm. Okay! And since M has been into hippies lately... we did a hippie theme with Beatles music in the back ground... it was a blast!

Enjoy the pics below... we had quite an adventure making this as you can see below:-) 

 The feeling of raw cow tongue is just flat creepy.
 It was just wiggin' me out... as you could imagine!
But I love this girl as my own so.... here we go! Let's cook it up!
 M and her siblings on her birthday.... very special.
 Mama S to the Rescue! Last time I did a tongue my mom was here and did all the prep work... I was totally putting off the last step to eating this thing... peeling the tongue! Blah... as I was about to do it... in walks Mama S! YES! "what can I do to help?".... welll... hehe. Thanks to her hard work peeling the thing we enjoyed our luscious Tongue Tacos in Honor of M.
 Mbaby even liked it:-D 
 Festive aren't we:-)
 Hippie hair... and our flower girl!
 Uncle L... you got nothing on me and my fedora! hehe:-D
 The girlies...
 A night full of games... Started out fun and energetic ....
 Then while we ladies hit the second game... our boys were all asleep. 
 Seriously. Our night ended and we literally had to gather up our boys for bed. Aren't they cute:-)

It was a wonderful blessing to share the evening with family that truly love this girl and I know that she felt the love of Jesus through them. What a beautiful example of adoption through Christ!

Enjoy your day!

Love,
L1 and family

2 comments:

  1. cutest party ever. Gigi looks really good with those braids I think. And yes...some serious competition with the fedora little M. ;) So stinkin' cute. I miss you all.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. EW!!! I do NOT think I could eat that, yuck!

    PS your hair looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete