Monday, April 16, 2012

First Catering Gig

O I can breathe again! This past week/weekend was a biggy! I got to cater my first "real" gig... a wedding of about 150ish which doesn't seem that scary but for a wedding... it kinda makes you feel like things should be perfect! I had GREAT... no I had AMAZING help throughout the week to prepare... S and the girlies helped wash and trim 30 lbs of asparagus! and J & B came over to help clean and grill 60 lbs of Chicken!
B love ya girl! Thanks SOOOOO much!
The boys did a great job grillin' and slicin' the chicken
My little helper throughout the week! She helped me clean 50 lbs of red potatoes and especially LOVED the fact that it had a gator on the box:-D
Hungry Groomsmen...
Groomsmen and the adorable flower girl!
my little bean eating some grapes and takin' a break
Kitchen CHAOS! haha I felt like the majority of the event was like that out of the show Mission impossible! by food network. We had ALOT we had to improvise with but that's where I feel like I am always up for a challenge:-D
Menu:
Grilled chicken with tortillas and salsa/bbq
Cold veggies with garlic aioli and hummus
Fruit with multiple cheeses including brie
A pie buffet and of course ala' mode
I was pretty happy how the decor came together...

at the last minute I couldn't stand that 5 gallon bucket full of flowers to be wasted so I started looking for burlap... on groomsmen said " BURLAP where ya gonna find that!" Well with a smile to charm the janitor ... L1 found her burlap:-D and some random fabric to tie it with...
We had 9 flavors of PIE!!! YUM and a HUGE thanks to the ladies that volunteered to bring them! All 20 of them!
How adorable! I love the fact that these little men only had a handful of grapes and pie for dinner! SO cute!

To the happy couple, CONGRATULATIONS! We are so happy for ya'll and pray many blessings on your journey to a far off country... may your work glorify the Lord and as you grow closer to God may you grow closer together and hang on to each other forever! God bless! It was a pleasure to be a part of such a special day! Thank you.

Just a plug in... I am open to doing this more often:-D

Love,
L1

1 comment: